Turning comments ON/OFF is easy on WordPress. All you have to do is go to Settings and disable comments or got o Posts edit screen and manually update WordPress commenting option. Alternatively you can disable or turn OFF comments in the edit screen of each blog post. Want to turn off comments in your WordPress blog? Need some help? If yes, continue reading and use one of the following methods.
Turn OFF WordPress Comments from Settings Page:
- Go to Settings in Admin menu and select Discussion.
- In the Discussion Settings, you see several options. Uncheck the options (remove tick mark) that are already checked.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and press Save Changes button.
That’s it! By following the above three steps you’ll be able to turn OFF comments on on your blog. But mind it, commenting will be disabled only on new posts. Posts already published won’t be affected by the above changes. So, use this method when your WordPress blog is new or when you want to disable comments on all your future blog posts.
What about older posts? You can disable comments on already published posts by using any of the following methods.
Turn OFF Comments from WordPress Posts List screen:
- Go to Posts in your WordPress dashboard.
- Find and select posts where you want to turn commenting off.
- Look towards top left or bottom left of the posts list. There’s Bulk Actions menu. From that menu select Edit and press Apply button next to it.
- Now a screen will appear with bulk edit options for the selected posts. Go to Comments and select Do Not Allow from the drop down menu.
- Press the Update button.
That’s it!. You have just disabled comments on those selected posts. Repeat the steps above for all other posts (when your post list page number is more than 1).
Turn OFF WordPress Comments from Post Editor:
WordPress allows enabling or disabling of comments on per post basis. For utilizing that feature, you need to open an already published post in the Edit mode. Then you’ll have to uncheck comment related options in the Discussion meta box. Sounds hard? Follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Posts and find the post you want to edit. Click on the title to open the post in Editor.
- Scroll down and find the Discussion meta box. Uncheck the two options (refer screenshot).
- Press the Update button in the Publish section.
Simple, isn’t it? Want to re-enable commenting? Simply follow the first two steps above. Then check the two option in Step 3. Press update button.
Note: Sometimes, if you can’t see Discussion meta box in the post editor scree, make sure that you have Enable Discussion in the WordPress Screen Options. If not, look in the top right corner of the screen and press Screen Options. A menu will appear. In the Show on Screen section, select (tick mark) Discussion. The Discussion box will appear instantly.